Crime Watch operates in the following suburbs: Sunset Beach, Milnerton Ridge, Royal Ascot, Montague Gardens, Milnerton Central, Summer Greens, Sanddrift, Tygerhof, Killarney Gardens, Paarden Eiland.
The crime information contained in this report, is information that has been reported to Crime Watch by clients, non-clients, and SAPS. FEEDBACK Arrests
- 6th March – Response Officer Manelisi stopped an African male walking along Grand National Boulevard carrying long lengths of copper pipe. As RO Manelisi was about to get out of his vehicle, the suspect dropped the pipes and ran away. He was quickly apprehended. The pipes were stolen from Stable Yard. The suspect was handed over to SAPS and a case was opened.
- 31st March – Response Officer Kwanele responded to a call about a wall jumper at Bliss Hotel Sunset Beach. He began searching the area and found the suspect’s tracks. He traced the suspect to the beach where he apprehended him. All stolen items were found and returned to the hotel. The suspect was handed over to SAPS. A case of house breaking was opened.
- 10th March – The theft of a motorcycle was reported at Paddocks. The motorcycle had been parked in the undercover parking. On leaving the centre, the owner noticed that his motorcycle was not where he had parked it. On investigation it was found that a silver Ford Fiesta with 3 occupants had stolen the motorcycle. SAPS was informed. Crime Watch has full cctv evidence of the incident.
- 11th March – The control room received a call about a business break-in in Montague Gardens. On arrival, we were informed that 3 males had broken open the front door and loaded several generators onto two Nissan bakkies. The owner was called out and SAPS were informed. The business is not a Crime Watch client.
- 15th March – An armed robbery was reported at a residence in Sunset Beach. The owner came home during loadshedding and was approached by 2 males armed with a firearm and a knife. The owner was assaulted and his laptops, cell phone, vehicle key and bank cards were taken. SAPS was informed and a case of armed robbery was opened.
- 15th March – The control room received a call about a theft out of motor vehicle in Bursa Way. On arrival the owner of the vehicle reported that his back window was smashed in and a red bag containing his phone and medication was stolen. SAPS was informed.
- 23rd March – The control room received a call about an armed robbery in progress at Standard Bank Centre Point. Our officers responded and on arrival found that the victim was an old lady who was robbed at the ATM. We informed SAPS who responded to assist the victim.
- 25th March – An armed house robbery was reported in Milnerton Ridge. The control room received multiple panic alarm signals from the property and dispatched the response supervisor on duty. On arrival, the homeowner reported that 2 suspects had jumped over the wall and pushed him into the house. The client fought back but did not sustain any serious injuries. Several items including laptops and cell phones were stolen. The client reported that he heard a vehicle pull away when the suspects left.
ACTIVITY WITH NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH, RATEPAYERS / RESIDENT/ AND COMMERCIAL ORGANISATIONS Crime Watch works with the following organisations in the fight to reduce crime: Sunset Beach NW, Milnerton Ridge NW, Milnerton Central NW, Tygerhof NW, Sanddrift RA, Summer Greens RA, RAMPOA, MMID, Phoenix, and Milnerton CPF. More about our coverage area